Yelp and OkCupid offer the most romantic date spots across eight popular cities.
A setting can be just as important as the company you keep when it comes to having a good date.
Whether you’re looking to have brunch or try a themed bar, OkCupid and Yelp have put together a collection of the top spots to try across nine different categories in eight popular U.S. cities, with each spot chosen based on over 200,000 votes from OkCupid’s users.
Some cities, like Boston, incorporate the larger metro area to include places like Cambridge, since a large majority of OkCupid’s users are based there.
Below, you’ll find a breakdown of the top date spots across each city as part of OkCupid’s 2018 Dater’s Choice Awards.
- Best Morning After Brunch—Lula Café: This breakfast and brunch spot focuses on seasonal ingredients, giving you dishes like almond corn cake with yogurt or potato crepes topped with short ribs.
- No Judgment Make-out Spot—Slippery Slope: Enjoy drinks, music, dancing, and skeeball all in one place at this bar.
- Fitness & Wellness Date—Urban Kayaks: See Chicago through its historic river onboard these kayak cruises.
- Best Hotel Bar—Cindy’s: Located in the Chicago Athletic Association Hotel, Cindy’s offers you seasonal drinks and punches to enjoy while overlooking views of Millennium Park from its vaulted glass and steel rooftop setting.
- Cheap Eats—90 Miles Cuban Café: This B.Y.O.B. spot also incorporates a build-your-own Bloody Mary bar, flamenco and paella nights each Tuesday, and an all-you-can-eat pig roast every Thursday.
- Photo Friendly Spot—Punch House: Punches are the specialty here, and they’re available by the cup, carafe, or bowl.
- Spot that Sparks Conversation—Adler Planetarium: Learn all about the universe at this date destination dedicated to space.
- Spot Where Drinks Could Turn Into Dinner—The Violet Hour: To find this spot, look for a mural on the outside that has a light bulb indicating the entrance. Inside, you’ll find three different salons outlined with leather chairs and candlelit tables.
- Best Themed Bar—Three Dots and a Dash: This tropical tiki lounge is a hidden retreat offering concoctions made with fruity ingredients like passion fruit, watermelon, and starfuit.